Hello Love Birds everywhere,
I feel it in my fingers / I feel it in my toes / the love that’s all around me / and so the feeling grows
I’ve constructed a few things to keep your mind on/off of love and being in/without a relationship on this Valentine’s Day.
Love song quote quiz:
*I can’t decide if this quiz is too obscure or not. Feel free to google these lyrics or check the answers below.
1. A love struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade / laying everybody low with a love song that he made / finds a streetlight, steps out of the shade / and says something like “you and me how about it?”
2. Someday I know / someone will look into my eyes / and say “hello, you’re my very special one”
3. I can’t believe I’m writing this down / I can’t believe I’ve got you in a song / I don’t want to be a whining girl / I’d rather not be in your world
4. It’s easy babe / How did we forget about our love? / It’s easy babe
5. We’re living off some modest trust / from daddy before his oil went bust / loving you is just enough / because no one gives a fuck about us
6. It’s so many miles and so long since I’ve met you / don’t even know what I’ll say when I get to you / But suddenly now, I know where I belong / It’s many hundred miles and it won’t be long
7. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? / just like me they long to be close to you
8. When I had you to myself I didn’t want you around / those pretty faces always make you stand out in a crowd / ooh Baby give me one more chance / won’t you please let me back in your heart
9. Taking it hard just like you knew I would / old habits die hard when you got a sentimental heart / piece of the puzzle you’re my missing part / oh what can you do with a sentimental heart
10. It can’t be all that pretty when all of New York City misses you / should pretty boys in discos distract you from your novel / remember I’m awful in love with you
11. You’re asking me will my love grow / I don’t know, I don’t know / You stick around and it may show
1. Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits
2. After Hours by The Velvet Underground
3. I Don’t Wanna See You by Camera Obscura
4. How Did We Forget? by El Perro del Mar
5. Aaron and Maria by The American Analog Set
6. Train Song by Feist and Ben Gibbard
7. Close to You by The Carpenters
8. I Want You Back by The Jackson Five
9. Sentimental Heart by She & Him
10. Come Back From San Francisco by The Magnetic Fields
11. Something by The Beatles
**this list can also double as your love making playlist
One of my favorite pocket keepsakes, Javier of the band Yarn Owl, took some time out of his busy touring schedule to sit down and have a chat in the KZUU office. We discussed the notion of love, Penny Lane, Stan Getz and his undying love for the frequency of 90.7fm. (Spoiler alert: Javier does not know the correct words to “All You Need Is Love”–we clearly need more Rock Band practice.) Check our date here:
Valentine’s Day is for making out, eating chocolates, listening to sappy love songs and calling your mother to tell her you love her. Don’t forget to support KZUU and spread the love of non-commercial music.
If you think that you are alone on Valentine’s Day, just remember KZUU loves you unconditionally. Unless you turn on us and start listening to Nickelback–the most unattractive band I’ve ever come across.
Hugs and kisses,